(31) However, it is a fact that we are far from saying that all these developments have reached the power to affect the wheels of the New World Order that turn against labor and democracy.
The importance of the Western trade union movement in determining the destiny of the world cannot be denied. However, the Western trade union movement, after spending time rolling from one deviation to the impasse of another deviation throughout history, now does not seem able to do anything but enter the trajectory of the Blairian “new left” or any other Eurocentric tendency.
It is for this reason that, most of the time, the Western trade unions’ interest in the problems of the working people of the poor countries does not go beyond their goal of pursuing their Western-centered interests. For example, their opposition to low wages or child labor in other countries is limited to the purposes of preventing the shrinkage of production in their own countries and the increase in unemployment due to the increase in the prices of the products of rival countries, or to prevent the capital in their own countries from escaping by seeking cheap labor. On the other hand, it is not possible to see that they show the same sensitivity and reaction to the neoliberal policies imposed on countries outside them and which constitute the real source of unemployment and all kinds of exploitation.
However, the essence of the matter is deeply connected with the formation of sufficient consciousness in Western trade unionism to establish a sincere and effective solidarity with the working people of the world. It should not be forgotten that, in a world floating in poverty and injustice, the fact that is determinant in the basis of the crisis that has been going on since the 1970s and therefore in the collapse of the consensus between social state and democracy in the West is the impossibility of surviving Western societies as an island of prosperity.
1. No solution can be found for any problem by selling public goods that have been created with years of hard experience. Insisting on this path will worsen the problems. We are strongly and strictly against customizations. In particular, we are aware that privatizations carried out under different names in the fields of health, education and social security mean a complete collapse in these areas.
2. We cannot stop the trend towards privatization simply by opposing privatizations. It should be the duty of laborers, and above all organized laborers, to ensure that the public is the main element of a more democratic and more socially just structure.
3. Workers and unions should explain to everyone that they are fighting for purposes that benefit all working groups. Non-union workers should be freed from being the prisoners of the propaganda that privatization is necessary to put an end to the privilege of union members.
4. Everything is degenerated first, and then this corruption is a basis for the policies that destroy the advances and savings for the benefit of the people. Privatization has been imposed on many segments in this way. A similar situation is the recent intensive repetition of the claim to de-politicize banks and the economy. We are against politics under international exploitative circles; however, we are determined to fulfill our political responsibilities towards the formation of a politics in favor of labor and the people. We cannot give up our determination that all economic decisions are the product of a politics in favor of the people.
5. Our people are crushed under the burden of an unused foreign debt. Whoever benefited from the debt must pay it. There are resources to meet the payment of debts and development.